EurOCEAN 2014 will provide a valuable opportunity for interaction and exchange between European marine and maritime research actors, stakeholders, policy makers and programme managers. The conference will identify future research priorities in support of blue growth, human health and wellbeing, and sustainable management of coastal seas and oceans. As a key theme, EurOCEAN 2014 will discuss mechanisms to achieve cross-disciplinary approaches in addressing complex societal challenges. The conference will also focus on the goal of connecting science, policy and people.
With a varied and stimulating programme running over 2½ days, EurOCEAN 2014 will include:
- Keynote horizon-scanning presentations from leading European and international scientists;
- Focused discussion sessions on societal, policy and regional challenges including maritime policy, ocean resources, managing marine space, and linking oceans and human health;
- Dialogue on capacity building including research infrastructures, ocean observing systems and human capital;
- A Mediterranean roundtable, dedicated side events and an open panel discussion moderated by Quentin Cooper, BBC Radio 4 science presenter;
- Identification of emerging challenges and opportunities in seas and oceans research.
Programme: download here